Friday, July 25, 2008

Daddy's special gifts for Josiah!

PJ was given an arrow by several of his buddies to symbolize God's blessing in giving us our precious Josiah! Now he needs to fill up a WHOLE quiver! We will proudly hang this above his bedroom door as a reminder of God's faithfulness in giving us our heart's desire.


Psalm 127:3-5
Sons are a heritage from the Lord,
Children a reward from him,
like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth;
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.


Also, you may notice he's holding a rather SCARY looking knife... this was also a gift from his friends that he is to pass on to Josiah to initiate him into the world of hunting when he comes of age.

BUT, they also suggested he cut the umbilical cord with this same knife at Josiah's birth. Mom (ME) thought that was pretty far-fetched, but it turns out that our Dr. thinks it's cool... so THAT SCARY KNIFE is packed safely with all the cute little newborn outfits for our trip to the hospital!!!! Our Dr. just told us we'll notify the nurses just before Daddy pulls it out so as not to scare them, and to make sure not to poke Mom with it!

Grandma Carrie keeps sending Josiah the cutest stuff... Here's his camouflaged stuffed teddy bear taking a ride in Josiah's tonka truck! Daddy has quite a bunch of camo-styled baby stuff to dress Josiah up in :)

3 comments:

Christine said...

OK,
So I will change my prayers from just praying for a safe delivery to praying the PJ does not seriously injure you with the SCARY, CREEPY knife. That cord is tough to cut. Probably not as tough as an elk though! So, I'll.....uhhh....keep all of that in my prayers. What a "fun" new tradition. YIKES!
xoxo
Christine

Julie said...

I found you from Craig's blog.

I just wanted to tell you I am a Captivating alumni, 2005.

I also wanted to tell you that I have a son named Josiah. He turns 16 on August 9th.

He's a leader for sure.... He is my 3rd child out of 5.

Do you know what the name means?
"Whom Jehovah heals"

Just thought I'd say hello.

Julie
From Georgia

PJ said...

Dad wants everyone to know that he will be very, very careful cutting the cord.